Saturday, August 25, 2007

Orchestra

Uhggg...I had orchestra auditions on Friday. Uhgg...easier said than done. Just picking a time to audition was a pain because I forgot that it was already the 22nd and I HAD to go get the music that day and auditions were thursday and friday. I didn't have any time on wednesday to practice because the construction guys we're working later than usual. Friday was a pain also because my mom and sister wanted to go to the beach that day. After crossing out my name several times, I finally decided on a time. We didn't end up going to the beach, and this audition was more important than any other, because this was the first step to seating in Rockefeller Center in Feb-Mar of this year. I was so neverous because I didn't have a lot of time to practice, and I hated the peice I had to play. Russian Easter Ovuture...yuck! Luckily Cathy, the coach, told me to play where I had practiced most at and it had a very high part which I had a trouble getting the hang of it, but I think I played it pretty much in tune, (I hope). Cathy said I wouldn't be in the back row. Seeing how I was third chair last year, and the only was to be second or first chair was to be a first violin, I have high ecpectations to meet of myself. Well, we'll see where I'm sitting at on Monday...

Until then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home